Being married to a beauty maniac means that my better half too, has to share and revel in the madness. When we first got married, he was the kinds who use the 2 in 1 hair and body wash (who actually uses that???) and today he can easily recognise a Kerastase bottle among the lot and understands that every red lipstick is not simply red in colour.
A fortnight or so back, my better half was out shopping for some household stuff (yes, he’s both a hands-on dad and helpful hubby) when he bought the Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash. I’m sure all my ranting about the break-out’s I had over the summer must have really affected him at some level because never before has he bought a beauty product unless specially requested by me! And boy was I floored from the very first time that I used this face wash…. Not only did it clean the excessive oil and dirt off my face, it also shrunk the bumps I had on the side of my nose.
You see that’s why I have concluded that living with a beauty blogger/maniac does turn even the most basic guy-guy into a beauty encyclopedia!
Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash
Garnier says :
- Fights bacteria
- Fights pollution
- Removes oil
- Contains neem and tea tree extracts
- Suitable for pimple pron skin
- Soap free formula with neem leaf extracts and tea tree oil that washes away problem causing bacteria and help prevent pimples
- Deep cleans pours to remove impurities caused by pollution
- Washes away excess oil which can attract dirt, germs and bacteria
Price : INR 75
Quantity : 100 ml.
Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash comes in a white plastic tube with a cap you can open completely when accessing the face wash. The face wash is quiet runny in texture and hence flows freely from the tube but in case you like to use a little more quantity of face wash, feel free to give the tube a gentle squeeze. The tube is break-proof and there are no chances of leakage so its perfect to carry along.
Pure Active Neem Wash is a light green clear gel with a runny consistency and light herbal fragrance. It creates minimal foam, unlike the Vichy face wash I had been using with hopes of settling the acne and calming my skin, but still cleanses my skin well and leaves it feeling fresh. It effectively removes oil, dirt and even bacteria but does not make my skin feel dry or stripped. The face wash gives a slight cooling sensation when massaging it on the face which is due to the Menthol present in it.
Pro’s of Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash :
- Affordable Price
- Available at all super marts, drug stores and online
- Contains herbal ingredients like Neem and Tea Tree Oil
- Low on lather yet cleanses skin of oil, dirt and other impurities
- Leaves skin feeling and looking fresh
- Has reduced the occurrence and appearance of acne bumps on my face (refer to the picture below)
Cons of Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash :
- The consistency of the gel based wash is such that if the tube is left uncovered while you use the wash, it starts to leak from the tube
- Gives an almost foam-free wash which might make you use more product than actually required
To Splurge or Not to Splurge :
Yes!! Although I really like the Vichy Anti-Imperfection Face Wash , I feel that what the Vichy face wash couldn’t achieve, Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash did! The bumps on the side of my nose and the acne on my chin, both of which were taking their own sweet time getting off my face, have almost magically cleared themselves in the past 10 days since I have switched to this face wash. For the price and the marvellous job this face wash did, it is a total splurge!
Final Verdict :
Garnier Pure Active Neem Wash gets a 4.3/5 from me.